Natural Beauty: Are you one of those people who want to get natural beauty but do not understand what to do? If yes, then this article is for you. The answer lies within your own environment! We often fail to understand the importance of things that are easily available to us – the biggest example of this is ‘nature’. Just look around and you will find that there are many valuable herbs and plants that have endless therapeutic and rejuvenating properties that can be a boon for your skin.
How to gain natural beauty
Ayurveda, the ancient and natural form of medicine, has always embraced the mantra “beauty comes from within.” This 5000-year-old ancient Indian science has gifted us some proven tips to get healthy and beautiful skin by avoiding many skin problems.
So, are you ready to learn the miraculous traditions of Ayurveda to keep your skin clear, soft and glowing without spending a fortune or using harmful chemicals?
Why should our skin be healthy?
Skin health is an important factor in Ayurveda, not only as an element of one’s beauty, but more importantly as an external indicator of one’s internal health. Skin health is a reflection of what’s going on inside, both physically and emotionally.
Common causes of skin problems
- If you are experiencing skin-related problems like acne, pigmentation, wrinkles, dark circles, blemishes, eczema, psoriasis, rash, itching, excessive dryness or dullness; So it means that there is an imbalance in diet or lifestyle which could be a reason.
According to Ayurveda, there are many external and internal factors that damage the skin, such as –
- poor digestion
- toxins in the system
- blood impurities
- excessive body heat
- eating allergic foods
- external irritants such as perfumes, detergents, or chemicals
- Harsh face wash or soap (containing alcohol, dyes, perfumes or chemicals)
- use of tobacco, alcohol or drugs
- exposure to the harsh rays of the sun
- seasonal changes
- high tension
- insufficient sleep
- reduced immunity
- low water intake
- unhealthy eating
- lack of exercise
- emotional disturbance
Skincare according to Ayurveda
According to Ayurveda, the skin consists of six layers, which are not only located superficially but also extend to the deeper levels of the body. Skin diseases, mostly, are deeply rooted in various tissues like fat, muscles, blood etc.
Most skin treatments are generally external applications such as creams or oils. However, they never reach the deeper layers of the skin.
As a result, the symptoms disappear temporarily, and the disease is not permanently rooted out. Ayurveda always tries to eliminate it from the root by doing special treatment according to the cause of the disease. Since the disease is deep it is difficult to cure the problem quickly. Ayurvedic treatment may take a few weeks to relieve the symptoms but the diseases are treated permanently.
Herbs for skin care
There are innumerable herbs in Ayurveda which help in improving complexion and beautifying the skin, such as –
Merely adding Ayurvedic herbs or extracts to a cosmetic product does not make it Ayurvedic. A herb may have powerful healing properties, but when used alone or in inappropriate combinations, it sometimes does more harm than good. Therefore, please consult an expert Ayurvedic practitioner before using any Ayurvedic medicine or herb.
Ayurvedic remedies are good for correcting any skin imperfections and can be used in conjunction with these other recommendations for more powerful results.
Diet Plan for natural beauty
The dietary recommendations given below will help slow down the ageing process of the skin and make you look attractive:
- Drink plenty of fresh clean water
- Eat healthy, whole grains
- eat freshly prepared or sattvic food
- Taste milk, curd and buttermilk
- Drink lukewarm water with lemon or honey every morning to hydrate the system, wake up the organs/digestive function, flush out unwanted toxins, and promote healthy bowel movements.
- Take cooling and hydrating foods like coconut water, cucumber juice, coconut oil, organic ghee, lemon, cilantro, parsley, watermelon, pomegranate and bitter greens like kale, chard, collard etc.
- Eat fruits and vegetables rich in antioxidants, such as prunes, red raisins, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, raspberries, plums, oranges, red grapes, cherries, spinach, brussels sprouts, alfalfa, broccoli florets, beets, onions, corn, etc.
Avoid the following foods
- Sugar, flour, refined oil, oily food, fast food,
- Non-seasoned fruits, polished rice, eggs and allergy-causing foods.
- Heating foods such as peppers (all types but especially hot ones), citrus fruits (except lemons), fermented foods,
- Alcohol, tobacco
Improper food combinations create confusion in the GI tract, leading to indigestion and toxin build-up. These toxins begin to block the channels, causing disorder and disease.
Skin disorders are largely related to toxins in the system and our digestive health, so it is necessary to see if you are facing skin-related problems if you regularly consume any of the above deadly food items. have been
Lifestyle tips for natural beauty and healthy skin
- Exercise at least 20 minutes a day
- Get a restful and deep night’s sleep
- Do regular yoga
- Practice pranayama (breathing techniques) for 15 minutes daily
- Meditate daily to keep stress away
- Enjoy the morning sunlight (15 to 20 minutes) and avoid sun in daytime
- Take a satvik diet and stay away from non-vegetarian, spicy and fried foods
- Do not consume tobacco, alcohol and any intoxicant like tea, coffee
- If possible take a bath twice a day
- Don’t use soap, and any chemical products, you can use a body brush instead of cleaning with soap.
- Take a steam bath once a week
Healthy lifestyle how to bring natural beauty
Once you start following the above tips, the following thing will start to happen
- Toxins come out. Blood circulation increases which makes the skin healthy and the natural beauty is immense.
- Hydrates the skin
- Calms your mind
- Gives healthy, glowing skin
Full body massage with natural oil once a week
Natural science believes in applying oil to your body on a daily basis. You can use any oil for massage (except refined oil).
Benefits of massaging your body with oil regularly –
- Provides softness, strength and color to the body
- Slows down the effects of aging
- Nourishes the body
- Increases longevity
- Benefits in sleep patterns
- Benefits overall health
- Improves body tolerance
- Strengthens the organs
- Strengthens bones
- Provides tone and strength to body tissues
- Increases immunity
- Stimulates blood circulation
Color therapy to gain natural beauty
Fill drinking water in a blue colored glass bottle and keep it in the sun for a few hours. Drink 2-3 glasses of this blue energy water every day. It helps in cooling the body naturally and gives clear, glowing skin.
If you want more information or want to consult a naturopathic doctor, contact us at: email@example.com