Before we discuss what’s the best way to lose weight, let’s cover a few sobering facts:
Today, obesity is the primary contributor to a wide range of illnesses, including heart disease, high blood pressure, cancer, an increase in cholesterol, an accumulation of fat around the liver (fatty liver), illnesses of the digestive system, and other illnesses. In addition to this, social isolation and despair are also observed as a result of this.
Numerous factors, including hypothyroidism, PCOD, impulsive eating, high-calorie intake, junk food consumption, lack of physical activity, hormonal irregularities, etc., contribute to obesity.
Obesity is now an outright epidemic, putting the health of tens of millions of population at risk. Although tobacco is still the leading cause of death, obesity is rapidly catching up.
Finding the best way to lose weight, therefore, is not just a matter of vanity. It’s a matter of life and death for many.
Dietary and lifestyle steps for the best way to lose weight
Let’s face it: there are numerous diets out there, all claiming to be the best way to lose weight. Therefore, what you are reading is simply my honest opinion of the best way to lose weight.
In our opinion, the first thing you need to understand concerning the best way to lose weight is that grains and sugar are some of the worst offenders of the spiralling obesity statistics in the Western world.
Agricultural revolution and obesity
The cold, hard fact is that humans are evolutionarily equipped to metabolize meats and vegetables. Agriculture was invented only a scant 10,000 years or so ago. It was the agricultural revolution that gave rise to the mass consumption of large amounts of sugar, starch, and grains; in short, significant levels of carbohydrates.
Our genetic makeup, in short, was determined far before agriculture came along and, biologically speaking, we are evolutionarily designed to metabolize meats, nuts, and vegetables, which is also the best way to lose weight (or stay slim). Starch and sugars, on the other hand, are poisonous to our bodies.
It was only since the agricultural revolution that mankind became largely afflicted with such health conditions as obesity, heart disease, stroke, and cancer.
Three steps to follow to lose weight naturally
- Make these dietary adjustments to lose weight: Therefore, the first and the best way to lose weight is to severely restrict the amounts of bread, pasta, potatoes, cereals, etc that you consume.
- Drink plenty of water: Another important strategy that is part of the best way to lose weight is to drink plenty of water—-at least eight 8 oz glasses daily. Substitute sodas and fruit juices, which are high in carbohydrates and sugars, for water.
- Exercise and physical activity: All it takes is 30 minutes a day of some activity, such as brisk walking, which is perhaps the best way to lose weight without over-exerting yourself. You can walk, run, perform yoga asanas or any other traditional method, go to the gym, etc. Make it non-negotiable to spend at least 30 minutes daily for physical activity.
Change these habits as soon as possible for weight loss
- Overeating – Avoid binge eating or overeating, eating a lot at once can lead to obesity.
- Sweets- Sugar, jaggery, honey, sweets, cakes, and pastries have a lot of energy (calories), so if you feel like eating sweets, make a habit of eating fruits.
- Sweet fruits – Eating too many sweet fruits increases the chances of weight gain, so avoid eating too sweet fruits like mango, Chiku, litchi, banana, grapes, custard apple etc.
- Alcohol – Avoid consumption of alcohol, 1 ml of alcohol contains 7 calories, which leads to extra calories and weight gain.
- Say no to junk food and processed food – Junk food and processed ie burgers, pizza, pasta, Maggi, biscuits, snacks, chips, catch up, jam, jelly, fried food, cakes, pastries, patties, samosas, chowmein etc. contain fat. Along with this, the amount of sodium is also high, which along with increasing the weight, also causes water retention.
- Stop smoking as soon as possible – Smoking causes both weight gain and insulin resistance, so the sooner you stop it, the sooner you will be able to lose weight.
Not sitting for a long time – In today’s busy routine, we keep working while sitting for a long time, so try to get up in between work and walk a little or do chair exercises.
- Liquid Calories – Avoid taking liquid calories i.e. Coke, Pepsi, Limca, Juice or any sweet drink with or in between meals. Instead of these, you can use water, salted buttermilk, or plain lemon water. Make a habit of eating whole fruits instead of fruit juices, so that the amount of fiber can be increased while reducing the calories.
- Stay away from gadgets and TV while eating – Nowadays gadgets have become involved in every task of our routine. Try keeping your mobile, tablet, or laptop away while eating or stop eating food. People usually do not pay attention to the amount of food while eating food with gadgets, due to which the chances of overeating (overeating) increase considerably. Due to this obesity and digestive system-related disorders can arise.
It’s our honest opinion that diet and exercise combined are the best way to lose weight. Weight loss pills, by and large, are often ineffective just by themselves.
However, even though weight loss pills aren’t the best way to lose weight if used as a standalone product, some may give you a boost when used in conjunction with a healthy diet and exercise.
Do let us know your thought to Arogya Bhava team at firstname.lastname@example.org.