Sitting Yoga Poses (Asanas): There are many types of yoga asanas and the benefits of all are also different. There are some postures which are difficult to do, while there are some asanas which you can do easily. Today we will tell you about some of the best yoga poses that you can do while sitting. Information about them is as follows.
Sitting Yoga Poses
The asanas that start with the person sitting down are known as sitting yoga poses or sitting postures.
- Sukhasana (Easy pose)
- Swastikasana (Auspicious Pose)
- Padmasana (Lotus pose)
- Yoga Mudra
- Baddha Padmasana (Locked lotus pose)
- Utthita Padmasana (Scale lotus pose)
- Utkatasana (Chair pose)
- Vajrasana (Thunderbolt pose)
- Gomukhasana (Cow face pose)
- Janushirasana (Head to knee Pose)
- Paschimottasana (Seated Forward Bend pose)
- Ardhamatsyendrasana (Half fish pose)
- Ustrasana (Camel pose)
- Simhasan (Lion pose)
- Brahmacharyasana (Celibate’s Position)
- Siddhasana (accomplished pose)
- Hansasan (Swan pose)
- Kukkutasana (Cockerel Pose, or Rooster Posture)
1. Vajrasana (Thunderbolt Pose)
How to do Vajrasana (thunderbolt posture)
- Bend both the legs and place them under the buttocks in such a way that the heels are turned outwards and the toes are attached to the buttocks.
- In this position, the toes of the feet will be attached to each other.
- Keep the waist, neck and head straight. The knees should meet.
- Keep your hands on your knees.
The Benefit of Thunderbolt Pose
- It is a meditative posture, which removes the restlessness of the mind.
- This is the only asana to be done after a meal. By doing this, there is the retirement of indigestion, acidity, gas, constipation etc.
- By doing it for 5 to 15 minutes after the meal, the digestion of the food gets done properly. By the way, daily yoga practice, it should be done for 1 to 3 minutes.
- Relieves knee pain.
2. Paschimottasana (Seated Forward Bend pose)
Steps to do Paschimottasana
- Sit in Dandasana, and hold the toes of the feet with the help of the thumbs and index fingers of both hands.
- While exhaling, try to put the head between the knees while bending in front.
- The stomach can be kept in the position of Uddiyan bandha.
- Knees and feet should be straight on the ground and elbows should also rest on the floor.
- Stay in this position for half to three minutes according to your strength.
- Then come back to normal position while exhaling.
- After this asana, its competing asanas Bhujangasana and Shalabhasana should be done.
- All the muscles of the back are extended.
- Abdominal muscles contract. This improves their health.
- This asana directs the Prana towards Sushumna, which helps in Kundalini-awakening.
- Increases hunger and destroys semen-related disorders.
- This is an important asana for height growth.
3. Ardhamatsyendrasana (half-fish pose or sitting half-spinal twist)
Steps to do half fish pose
- Sitting in Dandasana, bend the left leg and apply the heel near the buttock.
- Place the right foot on the ground outside near the knee of the left leg.
- Keeping the left hand straight outside near the right knee, hold the toes of the right foot.
- Move the right hand from behind the back and look at the back.
- Similarly, do this asana from the other side.
Ardhmatsyendrasana (half-fish pose or sitting half-spinal twist) benefits:
- Beneficial in diabetes and back pain.
- In all the veins of the back (which are spread around the spinal cord), blood circulation is completed smoothly.
- Removes abdominal disorders and gives strength to the intestines.
4. Gomukhasana ( Cow face pose)
Steps to do Gomukhasana:
- While sitting in Dandasana, bend the left leg and keep the heel near the right buttock or you can also sit on the heel.
- Bend the right leg and place it on the left leg in such a way that both knees are touching each other.
- Raise the right hand up and bend it towards the back and take the left hand from behind the back and hold the right hand. Keep the neck and waist straight.
- After doing it from one side for about a minute, do the same from the other side.
Gomukhasana (Cow face posture) benefits:
- It is especially beneficial in testicle growth and intestinal growth.
- Beneficial in metallurgy, polyuria and gynaecological diseases.
- Gives strength to the liver, kidney and chest.
- Removes rheumatism and arthritis.