Definition of nutrition:
The food that we eat in our biological clock, affects us in a positive way that gives us energy and does proper metabolism. Every organism eats food for getting nutrition for the biological and physiological processes. Lack of nutrients in the body causes malnutrition which shows negative effects on the body.
Why nutrition is important?
Individuals in recent times eat unhealthy food which is rich in cholesterol, fat, or non-essential elements which leads to serious diseases like cardiovascular diseases (heart failure, heart attack, etc.), stomachache, food poisoning, skin allergies, weak immune system, grab the communicable diseases faster, obesity, diabetes, etc.
Nutrition involves proteins, fats, carbohydrates, minerals, ions, amino acids, etc. that give us energy or are an important part of the body’s requirements, which comes from healthy food or organic food. If proper nutrition is not provided to the body it leads to serious health problems and also you can fall sick over and over again and then it takes longer than usual time to get recover.
What is healthy aging?
Healthy aging is a differentiation process throughout the life of grabbing the opportunities to maintain, improve, or develop yourself. And, this comes through nutrition, diet, or healthy eating and also by your lifestyle enhancements. Health is important to do physical work or to stay fit by the mind
Tips for nutrition and diet advice for healthy aging:
As we grow, our body requirements grow different because of the immune system. It changes with time and age. The things we can easily digest in our 20s, we cannot digest after the age of 30- 40, our bones get weaker, so we need proper nutrition according to our growing age. Here are some tips that how we can make our food healthy:
- We need varieties and a balanced diet of vitamins, minerals, ions, etc. Consume a variety of vegetables like spinach, fenugreek leaves, amla, carrot, radish, onion, tomatoes, etc.
- Eat healthy dairy products like milk, yogurt, paneer, cheese, etc.
- Include fruits in your diet such as oranges, apples, pomegranates, kiwi, bananas, mango, watermelon, muskmelon, strawberries, litchi, sweet lemon, etc. These are rich in vitamins. Try to eat seasonal fruits instead of frozen ones.
- Eat whole fruits instead of juices because fruits contain vitamins, minerals, acids, ions, fibers, etc. which provides nutrition and by juicing we can have everything except fibers.
- Whole grains are healthy like whole wheat, oats, brown rice, bajra, jwar, makki, etc. are rich in fiber and easily digestible. Have brown sugar instead of white which contains low calories.
- Use plant-based oils like olive oil, coconut oil, rice bran oil, peanut oil, etc. in cooking which are low fat.
- Limit the consumption of sugar, saturated fat, trans-fats, salt, etc. which are found in junky food like chips, kurkure, burgers, buns, golgappas, cheese fries, butter, red meat, etc.
- Consume soy, almond milk, eggs, pulses, nuts, beans, fish, etc. are good sources of proteins.
- Instead of having added sugars, consume brown sugar, jaggery, and honey which are low in fat.
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated all the time instead of cold drinks that contain fat, high amounts of sugar, carbohydrates, etc. You can also have green tea, coffee, milk, tea, etc.
- As we age, try to avoid high-fat foods like meat, fish, chicken, etc. that are hard to digest, and find the alternates.
- You can add chutneys to your meal like coriander chutney, mint chutney, tomato chutney, etc. which makes your food more inviting and is also good for your health.
- Having one tablespoon of ghee in your diet once a day can balance cholesterol levels because it is rich in fat and monounsaturated omega- 3s which makes your heart healthy and prevents heart diseases.
- Make bowl meals of rice and daal with lots of salad, a bowl of mixed fruits with honey in it.
- Contain antioxidant foods in your diet which prevent heart diseases or cancer diseases. It improves eye health, and mental health, reduces inflammation, helps your fast recovery from diseases, improves your immune system, etc. Foods like broccoli, turmeric in milk, spinach, carrots, lettuce, etc. contain antioxidant properties.
Eating organic or healthy food saves you time, and money and saves you from diseases. Spend your money on valuable things not on going to the doctors.