Somniloquy is the scientific term for sleep talking. As suggested by the term, it is the act of talking in one’s sleep. However, there are other factors that can be considered whenever you are sleep-talking.
This article will give you an idea as to what those factors are and how you can view them properly in order to subsequently solve the issue of sleep talking.
The behavior in itself is the symptom of the condition. If you’re talking in your sleep, chances are you would have Somniloquy. The difference in this condition as compared to other sleep disorders would be the main cause.
Below is a list of the possible causes of the Somniloquy. If you have any of these conditions, be sure to have yourself checked by the doctor in order for you to find out how you can deal with the underlying cause of sleep talking.
- Psychiatric disorders such as anxiety
In order for you to effectively treat the condition, you would have to know the underlying cause of your condition. Since the condition is purely psychological in nature, it is important that you are able to keep a clear mind as much as possible.
Make sure that you are able to relax as much as you can despite stress and tension. If you only sleep talk occasionally, treatment would not be necessary for you. However, there are certainly alternative ways that you can consider doing this. Some of these are as follows.
- Application of herbal treatments such as lavender, ginseng, etc.
- Relaxation therapies (yoga, meditation)
- Regular sleeping habits-do your best to keep at least 7 to 8 hours of sleeping time in your schedule.
If you like to know more information about sleep talking, here are some additional facts that you need to remember in order for you to know more about the condition.
- This phenomenon is most common in children. (50%)
- From there are other related sleeping disorders that can be considered as an underlying conditions when you sleep talk. (sleepwalking, sleep apnea, rapid eye movement disorder, night terrors)
- The person affected by this condition usually is not aware of what he does during his sleep.
- It will usually dissipate after a short period of time.
- This condition can be experienced by everyone. However, it is most commonly found in children and men.
Being that the condition is mostly psychological in nature as mentioned earlier, it is important that you are able to release any effect or emotions that you may have within the day. Perhaps this is most common in men because then they are not known to express their emotions very well as opposed to women.
Therefore, their anxieties tend to manifest through their dreams which can be the major cause of Somniloquy for most people. This is why is important for you to maintain a happy disposition in life and not worry too much about the future so that you would not end up having any psychological problems like Somniloquy in the years to come.