Trikonasana: Trikonasana is made up of two Sanskrit words ‘Trikon (triangle)’ and ‘asana’.Trikonasana is very important for health, and doing this asana has many health benefits. This asana fills the person with energy and provides more stamina for regular activity. So that we can work more active throughout the day.
Trikonasana is also very popular among people for reducing fat from different parts of the body like the abdomen, hips and waist. The biggest advantage of Trikonasana is that it can be done easily at any place at any time. Anyone can easily regularly practice this asana without any preparation.
Most people who sit for long hours in the office or operate machines in factories get energy by doing 2-3 rounds of this exercise during work and work more actively again with fresh energy.
Steps Of Trikonasana
- Stand straight with your feet wide apart.
- According to your height, stand by making a proper space of at least two or three feet between the two feet.
- Do not bend your spine but stand straight. After this, bring your arms parallel to the floor and inhale while moving your palm down.
- Now exhale slowly and bend your body to the left and touch the floor with your left-hand finger and touch the left ankle.
- Your right hand should be absolutely straight. Now turn your head and look at the tip of the finger of the right hand.
- Repeat this pose five to seven times and then take a deep breath, straighten the hands and stand straight as before. Now take deep breaths at least five to ten times.
- Exhale and tilt your hip to the right and touch the floor with the finger of the right hand and the right hand must touch the ankle of the right foot.
- Stay in this posture for ten seconds.
- After that keep your hands straight and stand at your place and inhale.
- If you do this asana from both sides then it is called a round of Trikonasana.
- When we do this asana for six rounds then it is called Trikonasana.
Benefits of Trikonasana (Triangle Pose)
- Trikonasana is very useful in reducing body fat. If a person’s weight is increasing rapidly and he is troubled by obesity, then this asana will prove to be a panacea for him.
- If you are suffering from back pain problems then Trikonasana can prove to be very beneficial for you. Regular Trikonasana for about two weeks can provide relief from back pain.
- If children above 12 years of age do Trikonasana regularly, then this asana is also very helpful in increasing their height.
- Regularly doing Trikonasana strengthens the muscles of the hips and neck, spine and ankles, apart from the legs and knees.
- Apart from this, this asana helps in making the shoulders and chest wide.
- By doing Trikonasana daily, the body gets stamina and energy.
- This asana is also helpful in keeping the navel healthy.
- Avoid performing Trikonasana if you have severe back pain or neck pain.
- People suffering from migraine should also not do this asana.
- If a person has diarrhoea, high blood pressure and has had a back injury before, then such a person should not do Trikonasana.
- People who are dizzy or have fainting problems during Yogasana should not do Trikonasana at all.
- While doing Trikonasana, do not take support of your knees and do not put any pressure on them, otherwise, it may cause pain in your knees.
- Avoid doing Trikonasana if you have any heart-related problems.
Also Read: Yoga Asanas: Scientific Importance and Yogic Activities