Whiteheads are those extra small bumps on the face that appear white. They appear white because they occupy the pores of the skin clogging them and preventing exposure to air thus preventing their oxidation. Otherwise, they would have appeared as blackheads, which are oxidized to form their blackheads.
Whiteheads along with blackheads and pimples make up acne. They are more numerous than blackheads and pimples on the face, shoulders, and upper back and can appear by themselves even in individuals who do not have acne. Since the whiteheads are locked into the pores and are so numerous removing them will take a bit of work but the methods are easy and can be done as an everyday routine.
- Avocado, sugar, make-up remover pad.
- Steam the face to open up your pores. put your face in the face steaming machine or over a pot of warm water for 5 to 10 minutes every night immediately after this process put your entire face in an ice bath for 10 to 30 seconds. This process opens the pores with the stream treatment and removes the impurities and oils while the ice bath closes the pores again to prevent impurities and oils from entering. Continued practice of this will remove whiteheads from your skin and give the skin a tighter, fresher look.
- Make a mask. Use crushed avocados with brown sugar. Crush the avocados with a spoon or fork and fold brown sugar in with the avocado. Rub this mask on the face every night for two weeks. The avocado provides moisture for the face while the grains of brown sugar gently exfoliate.
- Change your diet. Oily and greasy foods contribute to whitehead formations. Changing the diet to restrict these foods and adding certain elements like drinking more water, and eating more fruits and vegetables can enhance the healthy balance of the skin and decrease the formation of whiteheads on the skin.
- Use mild soaps such as pears glycerine soap and use a make-up remover pad to gently scrub the face. Wash your face like this twice per day and your whiteheads will disappear. Since the pears soap is a gentle cleanser it will not make the skin dry.
Also Read: Get Rid of Chronic Muscle Pain with Deep Tissue Massage
TIPS AND WARNINGS
- Acne medications are not to be used to get rid of whiteheads; they may make the skin dry and worsen the problem.
- Opening the pores by exfoliation or otherwise is the most effective way of treating whiteheads.