Water and its amount on Earth and our body: Water is the essential element on the Earth as the air which is an inorganic compound with the chemical formula H2O (dihydrogen oxide) which covers 71 percent of the Earth’s surface that is found in the ground as soil moisture, in the air as water vapors, in rivers, lakes, ponds, etc. various natural resources are there. As water is present on Earth, it is also present in the body that covers 60 percent of the adult human being. Water is present in almost all the body organs of the human body like bones, skin, lungs, etc. Now the water level is going down due to the increasing population. So save water by collecting rainwater, and making underground wells so that water is been sustain for future use.
Importance of hydration:
- Hydration is the process of absorbing water or fluid in the body. As the person cannot survive without air for a minute or two minutes, water is equally important for the human being. A person can die within 3 days by not having water on the other hand, a person can survive without having food for 1-2 months. So, keep yourself hydrated.
- Keeps well-balanced non-strenuous activities like waking with balance, if you have balance problems by using the treadmill, do water exercises, etc.
- Staying properly hydrated keeps your skin clear. Consuming lots of water makes your skin glowing, acne-free, and patches-free, and reduces skin problems, and disorders.
- It helps in regulating the body temperature, if the weather is too hot, keeping your body hydrated makes you feel cool from the inside and maintains the body temperature, and in cool weather, keeps you warm from the inside.
- It provides lubricant to the joints.
- Helps in preventing infection, and provides nutrients to the cells, and tissues.
- It helps in the proper functioning of the organ system.
- It improves sleep quality or quantity by keeping your body’s metabolism well.
- It improves cognitive functions which include the brain’s active ability, helps in learning at a faster rate, behavioral learning, improves your mood, and keeps you positive.
- It enhances your brain’s ability and your memory.
Tips for how to stay properly hydrated:
The general rule of thumb:
According to the general rule of thumb heuristic guidelines means the easiest or short cut of learning which gives advice in a simple way or some basic rule set for that particular subject or topic, here we are talking about body water, a person should have half an ounce of water according to your body weight. If your body weight is 80 then you should have 40 ounces of water per day to keep your body hydrated and to function well.
Timing of having water:
Along with staying hydrated, we should know how much we should consume water, and when should consume water. The timing and amount are equally important for health because having water at the wrong time shows disadvantages too. Having water after waking up in the morning with an empty stomach flushes out all the toxicity of the body, and helps in improving body metabolism.
Amount of water:
Consume water 5-6L daily that keeps you hydrated. Have water half an hour before eating food, you can also have water with having food but in little amount but consuming water immediately after having food is like a poison that affects the body according to Ayurveda, but it also scientific reasons behind this, when we consume food our blood sugar level remains high at that time and stomach contains HCl which is very acidic, and when we consume water immediately after food, it dilutes all the gastric juices and digestive enzymes due to which food will not be easily digested, and stomachache and other problems will occur.
Drink plenty of water, and check the color of your urine, if it is yellowish which means it is acidic, then you need to have water and drink enough amount of water until it becomes transparent.
Have water-containing fruits like orange, lemon, pineapple, watermelon, strawberries, peaches, muskmelon, etc. green vegetables like broccoli, zucchini, spinach, etc. which contain a high amount of water.
Put an alarm clock and set the timer for the drinking of water so that notifications remind you when to drink water if you are too busy.
Copper bottle or copper vessel:
Take a copper water bottle which is good for health because it kills all the microorganisms, named, fungi, algae, bacteria, etc. present in the water. It has antioxidant properties that help in overcoming diseases.
Caffeine is usually consumed to stay awake, alert, high energy, etc. but has disadvantages too more than advantages. We should avoid caffeine in high amounts because it is diuretic in nature which means it increases the amount of urine and for that, you need to go to pee again and again.
Also Read: Water Is No Less Than A Medicine